Monday, January 20th
- Parkinson’s support group at Methodist church is cancelled today due to cold temperatures.
The City of Willmar Public Works Department is declaring a snow emergency in the
Central Business District (CBD) at 10:00 p.m., Monday, January 20th, 2020. The area
affected will be from 1st to 7th Streets SW and from Trott Avenue to the Bypass. You may
use city parking lots to park cars normally parked on the streets. Any vehicles left on the
streets will be towed at the owner’s expense. The emergency will expire at 6:00 a.m.
Tuesday, January 21st, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Gary Manzer at (320) 235-3827
MnDOT snowplow operators will do their part to make highways safe and motorists should remember to:
- Stay alert for snowplows, which turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They also may travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Stay back at least 10 car lengths behind the plow. Don’t drive into a snow cloud.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions.
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off the cruise control.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Don’t drive distracted.
- Check MnDOT’s road conditions map at www.511mn.org
- For real-time traffic and travel information in Minnesota, visit www.511mn.org or get the free smartphone app at Google Play or the App Store.