Building Fire

Fire started in an apartment bedroom closet.

The Stearns County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a fire in an apartment in the 500 block of Pleasant Avenue in Belgrade late Sunday morning. The caller reported everyone was out of the apartment building, but flames were seen coming from a bathroom vent.

Investigation determined the fire started in a bedroom closet and was quickly put out. The bedroom and most of the apartment sustained extensive damage due to the heat and smoke. Three other apartments in the building had minor smoke and water damage.

The renter was not home at the time of the fire, but three children were present in the apartment when the fire started.

No injuries were reported.

It is believed the fire started due to an electrical issue and remains under investigation.

Belgrade and Brooten Fire Departments assisted along with Brooten Ambulance.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here