LOCAL CANCELLATION/POSTPONEMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- The Willmar Community Center will temporarily suspend services effective today, March 13th, starting at 5:00pm. The City of Willmar will re-evaluate in two weeks to see where we stand in the pandemic virus. We feel it is our responsibility to protect our at-risk population by limiting interaction at this time. Thank you for your patience while we work through these scheduling issues. If you have concerns that need to be addressed, please contact the city at 235-4913 and we will make every effort to provide assistance to you.
The MACCRAY 2180 Dinner scheduled for Saturday, March 14th is postponed until a later date.The “Anne of Green Gables” performance for Friday, March 13th and Saturday, March 14th is for household members of the cast and crew only. It will be livestreamed on our YouTube channel.
- West Central MN area Job Fair has been postponed to a later date TBD.
- The Woodbury Orchestra concert to benefit the Kandiyohi County Food Shelf on Sunday, March 29th at Vinje Lutheran Church in Willmar has been cancelled.
Ridgewater College say spring break has been extended, they are suspending all classes Mar 16 – Mar 22. Classes will resume March 23. The following measures are also in place: All events or gatherings totaling more than 100 attendees are cancelled until May 1, and the situation will be re-evaluated.
- The Minnesota State High School League is immediately cancelling the Girls Basketball State Tournament. Additionally, all Boys Section and State Basketball Tournaments have been canceled.
The University of Minnesota is suspending instruction at its five campuses through April 1 in response to the coronavirus.
The university is extending spring breaks on the Duluth, Rochester and Twin Cities campuses through March 18.
- Kandiyohi County Recycling will be discontinuing its curbside pickup in Willmar and Atwater. They will also be closing all county recycling drop- off sites effective Friday, March 20th until further notice. Please DO NOT drop any material off at any sites as they will not be serviced. Thank you for helping us through this unprecedented time.